Hostname not known
e deleflie
2008-12-16 02:55:43 UTC
Hi all,

I'm using Net:HTTP to interact with Amazon S3's REST API. (to PUT a file)

I have test code, for the class that I have written, which functions
correctly. When that same class is called within Shoes, it fails with:

Hostname not known: blabla.s3.amazonaws.com

Shooes says that the error is in resolv-replace.rb line 10. I've
googled this a bit but without much insight. Seems that the error
might even be a simple case of resolving the domain name ...

any thoughts what could be happening?

Etienne
_why
2008-12-17 18:32:11 UTC
Post by e deleflie
Hostname not known: blabla.s3.amazonaws.com
Shooes says that the error is in resolv-replace.rb line 10. I've
googled this a bit but without much insight. Seems that the error
might even be a simple case of resolving the domain name ...
In my experience, resolv-replace.rb only really benefits Windows,
so I'm going to start only requiring it on Windows. You can remove
that line from your lib/shoes.rb for now and see if it makes any
difference.

_why
e deleflie